Keeping your device protected means learning more about the possible threats you can face and ways to prevent them. It implies you know more about viruses, malware, etc. Today, we’ll focus on malware and find out what it means, how it differs from a virus, and what anti malware software is the best remedy. More information on BestAntivirusPro.org.
A simple explanation of the term
First things first. Let’s understand what malware is. This is a very broad term that includes all software designed to damage or compromise your device. It can affect your computer, tablet, smartphone, and network.
The bright examples of malware are:
- The Trojan horse is known for being a very harmful program. Once it gets to your PC, you are sure to have lots of trouble removing it.
- Ransomware protection is often singled out separately from malware protection by antivirus developers. In fact, ransomware is a kind of malware. It locks the device, “takes it hostage” so to speak, and demands you to pay money to the hacker to get it back.
- Spyware can steal your passwords, personal data, etc.
- Cryptojacking is the new kind of malware that uses your resources to mine cryptocurrencies.
There are lots of ways how these troubles can get to your device. The important moment here is to be ready to prevent the events.
The difference between virus and malware
It turns out the virus is a kind of malware, too. A virus is a malicious code that self-replicates in the system causing some serious damage. Needless to say, it’s important to protect your device with antivirus. But it’s equally significant to see the bigger picture and get high-quality anti malware software.
Just as the terms differ, antivirus and anti-malware software differ as well. The first focuses on scanning the device for the viruses that are already on your PC. There can be several tools that fight this problem. It’s an essential element of the toolkit, but it’s not enough for complete protection.
Anti malware software has wider coverage and removes all kinds of malicious threats. The best solution, in this case, is to get a package with both tools. Together, they’ll secure your device and personal data.
The results of catching malware
Observe the behavior of your PC and look for signs of malware. They can be:
- Pop-up ads that frequently and unexpectedly occur in the new window can be the result of adware getting to your device.
- The error messages you get might be a result of malware which intrudes on how the applications work.
- The performance issue can happen if malware uses all the system resources. You’ll see that as sites crashing, programs not loading, weird processes running in the background, etc.
Unless you get a reliable program that removes malware, you risk losing personal information (or even your identity can be stolen) or getting your device locked from you.
The best solution on the market
Anti malware software often comes as a part of the bundle and delivers numerous advantages. Take a closer look at products offered by Total AV, Norton Security, Avast, etc. On the other hand, you can get this kind of protection separately. Bitdefender, AVG, Avira Internet Security, Malwarebytes, and other companies offer separate products.
Since now you know what malware is and what problems you can get, it’s high time to get reliable anti-malware protection. Turn to trustworthy and reputable companies to get high-quality protection and prevent all kinds of malicious threats to your devices. Use both antivirus and malware protection to get the best possible experience and avoid various online threats, phishing sites, and suspicious sites.